Flying "Anything, Anywhere, Anytime"
The TALOA Trading Corporation
The TALOA Trading Corporation (TTC) was organized in 1951, following Orvis Nelson's participation in a class in international trade at Lt. General Barton K. Younts' American Institute of Foreign Trade at Thunderbird Field, Phoenix. In typical Nelson fashion, he hired the entire class of fifteen students, including the instructor, to form another Transocean subsidiary to develop a world trade organization.
The trading division was split into the Pacific Rim, under the direction of H.B. Obermiller and Dick Derr; and the New York-Atlantic-European sphere, with Allan Barrie, George Nikolashin, and Stanley Rose at its helm. Another principal in the operation was Otto Reinertsen.
Richard Derr, director of Taloa Trading Company
Allan A. Barrie, director of Taloa Trading
Offices were established in New York, Geneva, London, Paris, Rome, Beirut, Asmara, Djakarta, Tokyo, Okinawa, Caracas, Baghdad, and Honolulu. At these points, agents approached foreign governments, manufacturers, exporters, importers, and merchandising agencies to find and develop markets on a global scale.
TTC was composed of five distinct operations:
The International Grill Room restaurant
Travis AFB Corrosion Control, an operation which washed, shined and gave spot
corrosion control to MATS aircraft ranging from twin-engined planes to the giant C-124
Wake Island PX and Cocktail lounge